‘Spirit’ is a dynamic exciting and motivational new youth group aimed at Transition Year Students. The framework of the group is devised to encourage team work, positive peer support, friendship and a supportive value ethos. This is achieved through:
- Weekly meetings
- Local Community workgroups
- Inspirational Guest Speakers
- Trips and outings
- Personal & Spiritual Development Programme
- Radio Programming
- and much, much more!
The youth group has just completed its 4th year within the Wexford Town catchment area and 73 Spirit Members received their Spirit Certificates in May 2019 under the Chair of Martin Conway.
Spirit Leadership Course
Spirit leaders are currently being trained to deliver the Personal and Spiritual Development Course with the intention of commencing Spirit Youth Groups in New Ross, Enniscorthy and Bunclody.
- Spirit Leaders are made up of clergy, religious and lay people.
- Leaders are Garda vetted and fulfill all safeguarding requirements.
- Each workgroup is supervised by leaders whose role it is to support and account for its membership.
- Leaders are fully trained and adhere to a stringent code of conduct.
- The role of leaders will be to support and enable Spirit members to fully benefit from their participation in the group.
- The number of leaders is in line with the supervisory requirements of the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy.
The first year was a great success with 38 Spirit members receiving their Certificates from Bishop Denis Brennan on the 24th of May, 2016. All six Secondary Schools in the Wexford catchment area were represented in its membership. Below are some of the pictures from the night!
Many thanks to Kelly’s Hotel & Spa Resort for their continued sponsorship of the Spirit Half-Zips for 2016/2017 and hoodies for 2018/2019.
For further information on the Youth Group please see brochures:
- Spirit Safeguarding Brochure for Parents
- Spirit Information Brochure for Spirit Members
- Confidential Application Form for Youth Members