Role of the Local Safeguarding Representative (LSR)
- Being responsible to the parish priest or local superior to promote child safeguarding by:
- Raising awareness of what child safeguarding is;
- Disseminating information regarding the standards and guidance, and circulating this information widely;
- Ensuring Church activities are provided in a way that ensures the safety and well-being of the children involved;
- Ensuring that the contact details of the DLP, Gardaí and Tulsa are widely publicised;
- Upholding the seven standards in practice and behaviour
Throughout the Diocese of Ferns, there are over 100 local Safeguarding Representatives. In addition to the above role, the LSR is there to support and encourage local parish initiatives and offer guidance to new set up groups.
The role of the Representative can be viewed on the attached brochure: Role of the Safeguarding Representative
Every second year, we organise a get together of all Local Safeguarding Reps and members of the Clergy.