Little Acts, Big Difference is a youth programme – made up of six modules – that introduces the life-changing work of Mary’s Meals and invites you to become a part of this vibrant global family.
Through short films and stories, you’ll be transported to different countries and meet some of the amazing people who are working together to realise Mary’s Meals’ vision that every child receives one daily meal in their place of education.
You’ll also hear from some children who receive Mary’s Meals in school and see that, while they are often facing many obstacles, their lives are being improved through community action and education.
The programme contains
• A teacher/ youth leader guide, with six lesson plans: Teacher’s Guide
• Complementary resource containing excerpts from bestselling book The Shed That Fed A Million Children: MMIreland- Little acts, big difference – Shed that fed guide
• Certificate to present to those who complete the programme: MMIreland- Little acts, big difference – Certificate P
Learning goals and objectives of the programme
• To understand what Mary’s Meals is, and the work it does with communities to serve children living in some of
the world’s poorest places.
• To understand some of the reasons why these children could not attend school if it wasn’t for the provision of a
meal, and the impact Mary’s Meals has on school attendance.
• To see how Mary’s Meals encourages and enables girls in some of the world’s poorest communities to
overcome and remove obstacles that might prevent them from coming to school and receiving an education.
• To understand how Mary’s Meals tries to support the local economies in the areas where it works and takes
steps to help rural farmers in these regions.
• To highlight how the work of Mary’s Meals is increasing community involvement in schools and helping to
reinforce parents’ belief in the power of education.
• To inspire action that will help to alleviate suffering among children and families in some of the world’s poorest
communities and help them to work towards a brighter future.