The Rotary Club of Wexford is again seeking to recognise and support the work of Wexford Priest Fr. Sean Devereux in Gambia.
Fr. Sean has now spent almost 15 years helping poor communities in the diocese of Banjul Gambia.
The Rotary Club of Wexford supported by South East Radio presents “Recycle for Gambia” a special collection day on Saturday September 27th. Fr. Sean needs the following items:
- Bicycles, regardless of the condition, wide wheeled mountain bikes and high nellys.
- Light clothing for children and young people, sports jerseys, t-shirts, runners and football boots.
- Power tools… drills, saws and plains
- Garden tools…. shovels, picks, forks, rakes
- Plastic seed trays for seed planting
- Exercise books, pencils, colouring pencils, Ladybird reading books for their nursery schools.
- He also need syringes, stethoscopes, old and new type blood pressure monitors, bandages and in date medical supplies.
- For the community based radio station and University students he needs used laptops or computers, headphones, mic stands, short and boom stands, mic cable and a small analogue mixer. Also CD players and cassette players.
Families in rural Gambia live on less than $1.25 a day and desperately need your help.
The Collection Day will be on September 27th at the Wexford Enterprise Centre Car Park (opposite the Renault garage) on the Rosslare Road, Drinagh, Wexford from 11a.m. to 4p.m.
Your unwanted items can really transform lives in the Gambia so please donate all you can.