The Season of Creation has a special significance for the Catholic Church, particularly since Pope Francis established 1 September as an annual World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation.
The Season of Creation or Creation Time, is marked throughout the Christian world from 1 September to 4 October (Feast of St. Francis of Assisi) and celebrates the joy of creation as well as encouraging awareness-raising initiatives to protect the natural environment.
The following resources are offered for use in dioceses, parishes and in the home, during the Season of Creation 2020. Please note that the resources will be updated regularly so do please check back in with this page from time to time.
Pope Francis on Caring for Our Common Home
Watch Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for September 2020 which is on caring for our planet:
“We need to strengthen the conviction that we are one single human family.”
Resources for the Season of Creation 2020 from the Laudato Si’ Working Group
- Sunday Liturgy Notes for the Season of Creation 2020 – click to download Sunday Liturgy Notes for Season of Creation 2020
- A Week-Day Prayer Service for the Season of Creation 2020: Cultivating Hope – click here to download A Week Day Prayer Service for the Season of Creation 2020
- Practical Actions for Parishioners – click to download Practical Actions for Parishoners 2020
- Leaflet for the Season of Creation 2020 – click to download pdf versions for web Cultivating Hope 2020 Web Version or for print print Cultivating Hope Leaflet 2020 Print version
- IRISH language version of the Leaflet for the Season of Creation 2020 Cultivating Hope Leaflet IRISH
These liturgical resources have been prepared by the Laudato Si’ Working Group of the Bishops’ Council for Catechetics.
Resources from the Vatican can be found here : https://www.vaticannews.va/en/events/season-of-creation.html
Bringing Laudato Si’ to Life in our Parish Communities
Copies of the Brochure can be downloaded here.
If your school is interested in bringing a ‘Green Team’ to the day please contact Colette O’Doherty on 053 9145511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Laudato Si’ (A letter from Pope Francis on Care of our Common Home)
Pope Francis has written a letter addressed to every person on this planet, asking us all to protect our common home, the earth. Copies of Laudato Si’ can be found here. In his encyclical, Laudato Si’, Pope Francis speaks openly about the devastating effects of climate change on people and the planet. He says that climate change is real, urgent and it must be tackled, asking us to remember that the climate is “a common good, belonging to all and meant for all”. Learn more about Development and Peace by visiting: http://www.devp.org