Vetting for Parishes & Primary Schools
E-Vetting speeds up the processing of applications as well as placing the onus and responsibility on the applicant to ensure their vetting application is completed.
This is relevant only to vetting applicants who have an email address.
- All applicants with an email address should use E-Vetting Invitation Form NVB1.
- Once your form has been returned, please keep an eye on your email inbox (including spam) for the link to further complete your application.
- This link will expire after 30 days, after which time the process will need to begin again.
- If you do not receive a link, please call the safeguarding office on 053 917 4972
If an applicant does not have an email address, Vetting Application Form NVB2 must be used.
For applicants between the ages of 16 & 18 years, Parent/Guardian Consent Form NVB3 must also be completed and returned with application
Applications must be accompanied by a Diocesan Information Form and Identification (as described in the Validation of Identity Checklist)
All forms can be found below ⇓
Please return completed forms to:
(Emma Fitzgerald for parishes) (Lisa Delaney for schools)
PO Box 40
Upon completion of criminal record checks, The GNVB will provide a certificate of disclosure for the vetting administration office to review.
The parish/school contact will be advised of the outcome and the certificate must be made available to the applicant upon request.
- During busy periods (such as the beginning of the academic year), the vetting process can take a number of weeks to complete.
- Please allow sufficient time when considering commencement date of role
- Applicants cannot commence in role until this process is complete.
For further information on Vetting Procedures and FAQ’s please go to https://vetting.garda.ie/Help/FAQ
or contact the Safeguarding Office on 053 917 4972