‘Spirit’ is a dynamic exciting and motivational new youth group aimed at Transition Year Students. The framework of the group is devised to encourage team work, positive peer support, friendship and a supportive value ethos. This is achieved through:
- Weekly meetings
- Local Community workgroups
- Inspirational Guest Speakers
- Trips and outings
- Personal & Spiritual Development Programme
- Radio Programming
- and much, much more!
The youth group has just completed its 2 year pilot within the Wexford Town catchment area which commenced November 2015 to May 2016. The two years have been very successful and the 3rd year commences shortly under the Chair of newly elected Brenda Davis.
- Spirit Leaders are made up of clergy, religious and lay people.
- Leaders are Garda vetted and fulfill all safeguarding requirements.
- Each workgroup is supervised by leaders whose role it is to support and account for its membership.
- Leaders are fully trained and adhere to a stringent code of conduct.
- The role of leaders will be to support and enable Spirit members to fully benefit from their participation in the group.
- The number of leaders is in line with the supervisory requirements of the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy.
The first year was a great success with 38 Spirit members receiving their Certificates from Bishop Denis Brennan on the 24th of May, 2016. All six Secondary Schools in the Wexford catchment area were represented in its membership. Below are some of the pictures from the night!
Many thanks to Kelly’s Hotel & Spa Resort for the sponsorship of the Spirit Half-Zips for 2016/2017
For further information on the Youth Group please see brochures: